We live in a time where issues like climate change and the insatiable appetite of capitalism are super hot topics. It is refreshing to know there are successful growing companies that take these issues not only into account but take them seriously. Waiakea Hawaiian Volcanic Water is such a company, and they are properly being recognized as a model for balancing morality and profitability.
– The 2015 Food and Beverage Innovation Award 2015
– Best Biz Awards – The Most Socially Responsible Company in North America Gold in 2015
– Dujour Awards- The Most Elite Bottled Water on the Market
– The Finalist, Packaging Design and Taste Awards
– Best Corporate Social Responsibility Initiative and Best Packaged Water
– Best In Show – Water Gold
– #2 Leading Bottled Water Brands 2016 globally.
Not Just about the Bottom Line
Founded in 2012 as the first volcanic water brand in Hawaii, Waiakea came out swinging with a uniqueness not only in product but the way they conduct business and give back to the world. Waiakea does not turn a blind eye to the ever present clean water shortage around the world and especially in places like Africa. There are an estimated 700 million human beings without clean water, which of course leads to disease, defects, and death. Waiakea is on the record as donating 650 liters of water for every liter of water they sell. This mind blowing charitable power move is estimated to be over five percent of Waiakea’s revenue. In addition to water and fund donations around the world, the company has implemented reforestation and environmental programs always keeping the big picture in mind.
Whether you be consumer or business person what more can one do but applaud Waiakea, not only for the company’s shocking munificence towards people in poverty around the world but also for proving that a corporation can be wildly successful without harming the world.